Computer Repair Business recovers 300% with Penguin Update 3.0
Right after the Penguin Update 3.0 rolled out, a very happy customer contacted me personally on Sunday 5pm to thank us for saving his company!
Read on to see how he...
- Lost 300% traffic due to bad SEO services
- Faced a business downsize
- Couldn't find an SEO tool that worked before Link Detox
- Won back 300% of traffic
- Saved his company from spending on other (more expensive) advertising
Use LRT’s Link Detox. Then sit back and enjoy!
Marc Enzor, owner of Geeks 2 You
Enjoy & Learn
Christoph C. Cemper
- We made only one mistake
- Penguin caught us
- We needed help
- Link Detox saved the day
- Before Link Detox
- After Link Detox
- 300% traffic increase with LinkResearchTools
We made only one mistake
We hired a link building agency that used outdated SEO techniques.
Even though we originally had fantastic rankings and a lot of traffic, we wanted to finally beat a leads generating website. They were ranked above and taking most of the traffic, leaving Geeks 2 You and our other competitors pay them for leads.
Impatience and the lack of experience lead us to this link building service. I know it was a terrible idea, but we just wanted to beat our biggest competitor, one way or another. Besides, our link profile was absolutely clean and beautiful before that. Their profile was extremely spammy, but still they had better rankings. I figured by rounding out our link portfolio we would overtake them.
Our link service company did their job, actually, they built more links than we wanted, and of course, we found out later that these links were near impossible to remove.
Penguin caught us
The Google Penguin update in April 2013 proved to be the day of reckoning!
We lost 66% of our organic traffic. These numbers might not look so bad at first sight, but for a small repair company it was a tragedy, the whole business was on the edge.
There were so many tough decisions to make.
I did my upmost not to let anyone go...
...but we needed to keep gaining new leads to maintain a turnover high enough to cover the overheads.
We needed help
- I needed to disavow all the bad links that the agency created.
- But how do you check 30,000+ links manually?
- The tools I tried were useless because they only spotted a fraction of the bad links.
- With LRT I finally found a tool that helped!
- Link Detox was the only tool that gave us a full picture of the mess and clear call to actions.
- It enabled me to quickly disavow ~29,000 garbage links
The rest was easy: LRT almost did the work for me. It found all backlinks that I needed to disavow.
- The links come from a broad variety of different sources.
- Besides, it let me add some of my own links.
- The result was a comprehensive deep analysis with dozens of metrics.
- The Domain DTOXRISK™ showed me how bad an idea hiring the link building company was.