A list of High margin industries and Verticals blocked from Adwords
Table of Contents
High Margin Industry #
In high margin industries, a different competitive landscape exists and often also different SEO rules apply.
High margin industries are typically characterized by these criteria:
- “Of course we buy links”.
- “Money doesn’t matter”. (of course it does, but to a lesser extent)
- Extreme stiff SEO competition, all the high profile affiliates are in there.
- Affiliate industries, often large companies working as affiliates these days.
- Negative SEO happening
- Hacking and other #INFOSEC incidents happening
- DDOS happening
- Traffic/Analytics spoofing happening
You can sense, that there’s tough bandages in these industries.
These are also the industries where link buying is not only a daily routine, but also ongoing disavowing of previously good links that became toxic.
Typically SEOs in all high margin industries utilize paid links.
Examples of High Margin Industries #
The following industries are typical industries with high margin
- Software downloads
- VPN Tools, Services, Privacy-promising products
- Lawyers e.g. for Car Accidents, Personal Injustry, DIU, Asbestos Cancer/Mesothelioma
- Cryptocurrencies and brokerages
- Investment schemes
- “Second Passwort”, Expedited Immigration, “Golden” Visa and related services
- Payday Loans/Cash Advances
- Credit Cards
- Loads & Mortgages to some extend/country
- CBD / Marijuana
- Casino, Poker, Slots and other online gambling
and as you read thru this it sounds similar to the list of industries banned from Adwords.
And in fact, a lot of those industries are not only relying on SEO only, but are also very high margin and very competitive (and even illegal in some cases).
- Counterfeit goods (fake brand sneakers from China, for example)
- Dangerous products or services
- Sexual content / Porn