More than a replacement for Google's toolbar PageRank
Google has officially confirmed removing the Toolbar PageRank. No serious SEO should consider this long-outdated SEO metric anymore.
What you can do
- See the Power and Trust of a domain
- See the Power and Trust of a page
- Discover great places to get links from
And there's more…
- Understand if a link is worth keeping
- See which links must go in your disavow file
- Quickly reply to your clients biggest SEO questions
LRT Power*Trust extension is the perfect replacement for Google's Toolbar PageRank
You should always make sure you are using the most accurate, up-to-date metrics when evaluating link building opportunities. PageRank was for a long time far from being accurate or up-to-date.
LRT Power*Trust is a two-dimensional SEO metric that will help you quickly assess the power and trustworthiness of a website or page while you browse the web.
We launched LRT Power*Trust and included it in LinkResearchTools and Link Detox shortly after the first Google Penguin update in 2012, following years of research and calculations.
We also created a browser extension that allows you to see the LRT Power*Trust metrics also in your browser.
If you're missing Google's toolbar PageRank (removed in April 2016), the LRT Power*Trust extension is not only a great replacement but also a more reliable metric.
How the LRT Power*Trust Extension works
LRT Power*Trust Browser Extension Quick Start Guide
What is the LRT Power*Trust browser extension and how it can help you?
The LRT Power*Trust browser extension is much more than just a replacement for Google’s toolbar PageRank. It's two-dimensional SEO metric that will help you quickly assess the power and trustworthiness of a website or page while you browse the web.
By looking at the LRT Power*Trust metric, you can quickly answer the most important SEO questions:
- is it ok to build this link on this site?
- is this link worth keeping?
- and which links should go to the disavow file?
The LRT Trust metric helps you evaluate the quality of a link by calculating the inheritance of trust from trusted sites. It’s comparable to the TrustRank patent and indicates the implied trust of the page in Google. This works on many levels. For example, it still makes sense to get a link from a blog that is linked to by many trusted sites, such as universities.
LRT Power*Trust is THE one metric you must look at to judge quickly the overall impact of your links. It is the LRT Power multiplied by the LRT Trust. The LRT Power*Trust is calculated by analyzing data in real time from over 25 sources from our partners and your commercial APIs.
How to enable the LRT Power*Trust browser extension?
2. Read and accept the terms and conditions.
You can start using your LRT Power*Trust extension right away.
3. If you want to see all the No Follow links on a specific page, you can click on the Settings icon (top-right) and select "Highlight No-Follow links on the page".
Depending on their Power and Trust, links fall into one of four quadrants of the matrix below.
Below you can look at some possible combinations of Power and Trust, and how they impact your daily SEO work.
High Potentials: High Trust and Low Power
Although their sub-pages have very low linkage (i.e. low power), they enjoy a high level of implied trust. Don’t be fooled by a low LRT Power. This type of link is very trustworthy and often more difficult to get than a “powerful” one. You can find this combination on links from universities or government institutions, for example.
Nitro: Low Trust and High Power
Links with the highest Power aren’t necessarily the best ones. You have to look deeper at the individual LRT Power and LRT Trust metrics to see the true quality of the link. Links like these are typical examples of the “gambling and adult entertainment” niche – very strong links from untrusted sites. Such discrepancies between LRT Trust and LRT Power can usually be attributed to low quality or automated link building.
Weak Links: Low Trust and Low Power
Links with low LRT Trust and low LRT Power won’t help your site much. They may be from new, dormant, or penalized sites. These sort of links could be carefully used to add some general “noise” to your backlink profile, just like your competitors may have.
Awesome Superstars: High Trust and High Power
A link from a page with high LRT Trust and high LRT Power is obviously the perfect link for any link builder. If you can get one of those, go for it!
Power*Trust = 0 – good or bad?
Power*Trust = 0 for example can mean (illustrated on our updated Power*Trust matrix):
- Power=0 but Trust=10 – this is an example of an extremely “High Potential” link that you might have missed in the past (1). Add some extra link power to this linking page and you grow it from “High Potential” into an “Awesome Superstar.”
- Power=10 but Trust=0 – this is an example of a very strong link (3) that has no trust. Nitro could help you get a ranking boost short-term, but it could land you in Google Penguin jail if you overdo it.
- Power=0 and Trust=0 – of course, this could be a completely worthless link as well – as many probably thought about a P*T = 0 in the past. Those links are not worth much and would take a LOT of effort to improve.
Power*Trust = 6 – good or bad?
- Power=1 but Trust=6 – another example of a “High Potential” (5) link you could improve to an “Awesome Superstar” (6) by giving it more power.
- Power=3 but Trust=2 – an example of a rather weak link (7) that at least has some inherent trust. A Power=2 and Trust=3 would be preferred by most SEOs and webmasters though. At any rate, developing a link from this position into the desirable segment of “Awesome Superstar” links looks like a lot of hard work, and is it even possible?
- Power=6 but Trust=1 – still a P*T=6, this is an example of a pretty strong link with low trust (8). If you would try to power this link more – as you would do in the example (6=>7)then you could get in deep Google Penalty trouble.
Download the Top500 Domains by LRT Power*Trust
The Top500 Power*Trust list is updated twice a month and features the Top 500 domains worldwide or for a specific country. The list is based on the LRT Power*Trust metric, which measures the quality of a link. This metric is an extension from the previously developed LRT Power and the LRT Trust metrics. Both metrics are individually used for analyzing link quality.
The full Top 500 list of domains is available here for free download - paid plans even get 5000 domains.
LRT Power*Trust is not only an extension. This is a technology available in LinkResearchTools for many years now.
Since 2012, the LRT Power*Trust technology helps SEOs all around the world detect and remove weak links, build Penguin-friendly links and improve rankings.
If you're looking for an efficient way to track redirects and headers while browsing, Link Redirect Trace is the right extension for you.
It provides the most in-depth link redirect data available, performs advanced, comprehensive and most important correct analysis of links, redirects, and REL-canonicals and so much more.
This unique and free Backlink Checker allows you to check all backlinks on a page and see broken links and unverified links in categories no-follow links vs. follow links, internal links vs. external links.
An on-page link code browser lets you see the exact source code of any link on mouse over for quick spotting of issues.
Highlighting no-follows and links from own projects are supported as well as other power-user features.
Helps you customize your searches in Google, Bing and Yandex and enjoy looking at the advanced LinkResearchTools SEO metrics on every page you open. Backlinks, Power*Trust, keyword ranking, link velocity trends, engagement metrics and social media shares. You have it all in your browser.
Users love the LRT Power*Trust Extension
Really good extension for measuring the not only strength metrics but the trust of a website. From a glance, you can see if suspicious links may be at play.
Awesome extension, if you are using LRT and you should be, this is invaluable. A brilliant and handy addition that makes quick auditing of web pages very easy!
Very useful information about the Power and Trust of a Domain. Great extension.