Using Keyword Classification you can
- Understand natural keyword ratios in your niche
- Compare your link profile to your competitors
- Spot unnatural patterns, maybe due to Negative SEO attacks
- Adapt to every country, language, topic
Keyword Classification gives you the
You can understand if you have too many money keywords or too little when you compare your backlink profile to the ones of your competitors?
The anchor text type also plays an important role in how we calculate the risk of your links. Certain Link Detox calculations are only possible, after you classify at least 80% or more of your keywords.
You don't want your domain to end up with a risk of 2346, do you?
(Everything above 1000 is a penalty!)
How Keyword Classification works
When people say keyword, they usually mean money keywords. However, many SEOs also consider other keyword types to be very important.
In LinkResearchTools, we have 4 types of keywords:
- brand keyword phrases
- compound keyword phrases
- money keyword phrases (commercial phrases)
- other keyword phrases
Link Detox Genesis® is our data-driven organic algorithm that detects unnatural and risky links.
Link Detox Genesis is our unique link risk detection system that adds millions of extra data points we have collected for years.
If you classify 80% or more keywords in your account, you will be able to make the most of this algorithm. You want to do that so you can get the full picture.
Pattern based keyword classification
Using text patterns you don't need to go through the anchor texts one by one and mark it as a brand, money or compound keyword.
Types of Anchor Text Classes
These keywords contain something that can be associated with you or your company.
That can be a certain product, service or the company name / domain name itself.
- iPhone, Apple products, apple.com and Steve Jobs would be Brand Keywords for apple.com
- cemper.com, Christoph C. Cemper, LinkResearchTools or would be Brand Keywords for www.linkresearchtools.com.
A Brand Keyword of your competitor can be a Money keyword for you.
- Iphone is a Money Keyword for a mobile shop, but of course a Brand keyword for Apple.
- Try to think like a trademark lawyer here - who OWNs that name? That owner has that word as a brand keyword.
URLs are always classified as Brand Keywords, as they point to one of the most important parts of your brands online - your website! We do that classification automatically for you.
- http://www.swatch.com/at_de/specials.html will be (automatically) assigned as Brand Keyword for www.swatch.com and swatch.com
Compound keywords are keywords that are partly Brand, partly Money keywords.
smartphone accessories at Apple.com is a Compound Keyword for apple.com, because it includes both a money keyword (smartphone accessories) as well as a brand keyword (apple.com).
Apple smartphone accessories would be a Money Keyword for an mobile phone e-Commerce shop
These are the keywords that people want to rank for and pay big $$$ in paid advertising.
espresso machine is be a Money keyword phrase for nespresso.com
buy iPhone is be a Money keyword phrase for an mobile phone e-Commerce shop (but a compound for Apple.com)
the generic smartphone accessories is a Money Keyword for apple.com
All keywords that don't fit in the above categories are Other Keywords and without any association to you or your company.
Examples: click me, great site, here and images with no alt-text are good examples for Other keywords products can be classified as Other keyword for an e-Commerce shop.