How to find the best link building opportunities
Find the best opportunities to place backlinks on discussion boards, forums and other publishing platforms.
You need the SERP tool for
- Finding new link sources
- Finding blogs and forums in your niche where you can engage with your audience
- Turning any Google search into a link building opportunity
- Improving existing links
Your benefits of using SERP
- Performs multiple, simultaneous Google searches without the need for proxies
- Instantly shows you if you have a link already on each link result
- Allows you to quickly filter results to find the strongest pages
- Allows you to find results from all time or only more recent ones
- Allows you to find pages that mention your brand so you can reach out and ask for that mention to be hyperlinked
You get these features
Finding your existing links
The Results Table has a column where you can see if you have a link already. It would make sense to try and get a link in as many places as possible, but not to duplicate links and look spammy.
Engaging with your audience
From the Results Table you can select the type of sites where you can engage with your audience. Forums and blogs are obvious choices. You can sort these by Power*Trust to find the places that are most worthwhile.
Power use with complex Google searches
The SERP Tool can be used to input up to 20 keywords. These keywords can also be complex Google search queries. In this example common footprints for buddypress and mediawiki are used to find blogs and wikis talking about iphone repairs:
It is likely that a search like this could return many results that have been heavily spammed, so to exclude these later you should enable the Onpage-Linking Analysis Package in the extra metrics section. This will add the ExtL metric to the results table. ExtL shows the Total number of external links on a given page.
Once you have the Results Table, you can now choose to show only the pages with, for example, ExtL < 10 and then select some places with decent Power*Trust. Now you export a list of excellent places to start engaging with your audience. [divider style="hr-dotted"]
Become one of 1,000s Success Stories