Link Redirect Trace
Do you know if your links and, in particular, your redirects pass link juice?
This question has been unanswered for quite a while. That was the reason we added this logic to our toolkit in 2012. This functionality allows you to track your link redirects through several levels and also provides information about the structure of the redirect chain.
Using the Link Redirect Trace, you can easily check whether your redirects are SEO-technically good and if they inherit link juice or not.
If the link redirect trace contains a 302 redirect or a meta refresh, you can quickly spot that and change your redirects to SEO-friendly redirects. In that way, you will gain more link juice.
Make sure that you don't lose any valuable link juice!
What are Link Redirects?
Domains do not only have backlinks, but often also have redirects. Redirection is a process where one URL gets forwarded to another URL. There are several kinds of redirects and each of them passes a different amount of Link Juice to Google. Therefore it is a good idea to check the redirects and see what type it is.
If these are your own sites redirecting to you and you see that some Link Juice is lost, you can do something against this and make proper redirects to get an advantage out of them. If a strange domain is redirecting to you, you should probably check this case in more detail and find out if this is a valuable website or if it is harming you (and probably a disavow is needed? Check this case also with the DTOX tool.)
Most of the tools in LRT, like Backlink Profiler (BLP) and Link Detox (DTOX) include the redirect trace which means you receive information about all the hops of the URL that redirected to your domain or page.
Do your links and in particular your redirects pass your link juice (power and trust)? This essential question has been unanswered for a long time, so we added this logic to our toolkit. This functionality allows you to track your link redirects through several levels and also provides information the structure of the redirect chain. So you can easily check whether your redirects are SEO-technically good and inherit link power and trust. If the trace contains a meta refresh, then this is not the case. You can quickly spot that and change your redirects to gain more link power and trust.
Hover over one of the redirects inside your report. To see more details click on the “+” next to the URL.
You will be able to see the type of redirect in the details. It shows you the From URL and the To URL plus information about the type, like 301 (moved permanently) or 302 (found) etc.
A normal backlink profile usually includes redirects from other websites. Make sure to check them, so that they do not harm you, or to make sure that you do not lose and valuable link juice.
You have the power of the Link Redirect Trace technology also in your browser
We used the LinkResearchTools Link Redirect Trace technology to build a powerful FREE browser extension
The Link Redirect Trace browser extension uses the power of the LinkResearchTools Link Redirect Trace metric to point out all sorts of on-page and off page issues for all the websites you browse.
- detects every link redirect hop
- shows you the LRT Power*Trust per Link Redirect hop
- analyzes robots.txt for every hop
- analyzes HTML <head> NoIndex, NoFollow per redirect hop
- analyzes the HTTP header X-Robots Noindex, Nofollow, NoArchive
- shows cookies set for each redirect hop – understand those affiliate ad links.
- ...and more
- discover On-page and Off-page SEO issues
- check your competitor's links
- check your affiliate links
- check links after a website migration or redesign
- track a hacker website redirect
- detect a Google penalty
- ...and more
Check out if your redirects are SEO friendly and make sure that your website doesn't lose any Link Juice or get a Google Penalty because of your redirects.
Other unique LRT Technologies you might be interested in
- LRT Power*Trust - the Google PageRank replacement
- Link Data Aggregation - combined, re-crawled and verified link data from 25 sources.
- Dynamic Link Data Search and Link Filter Slices - be efficient
- Link Velocity and Link Velocity Trends - understand link growth with data
- Link Detox Risk (DTOXRISK) - scoring links fast to help your Link Risk Management
- TitleRank - the Penguin Cure Metric
- Link Detox Tune (DTOXTUNE) - tune your Link Detox algorithm
- Link Detox Genesis - machine learning algorithm powering Link Detox
- Keyword Intelligence - Keyword classification to improve the accuracy of your reports