More improvements in LinkResearchTools (LRT)
In February we’ve been again busy improving LinkResearchTools (LRT) for you.
Here’s what’s new:
- A new user management dashboard.
- A higher number of team member licenses for each plan
- A new Link Detox Rule
- A new online manual to help new users get started with LinkResearchTools
- Faster re-crawling in Link Detox Boost
- Support for Google’s unofficial Robots.txt "noindex" directive
- New plans & link limits changes that we plan to implement from April on.
Read on and learn about all the improvements and plans.
We hope that you will enjoy it.
I explain it all for you in this video
Exclusive LIVE webinar with Christoph C. Cemper.
Join the Webinar
Join "Cemper's LinkResearchTools Hour" webinar on March 2 at 4 PM (CET) and learn live: Competitive Domain Research with LinkResearchTools (LRT).
*this offer expires on 30 March 2017
Here's what you can read further...
- More improvements in LinkResearchTools (LRT)
- I explain it all for you in this video
- 1. Multi-User Accounts in All Plans Now
- 2. Why create an account for all the other team members?
- 3. More details about the team member management in the existing LRT plans
- 4. Improved User Management
- 5. Full Online Product Manual Updated and Improved
- 6. SEO Improvement – Unofficial Robots.txt noindex directive
- 7. Link Detox Improvements
- 8. New plans & Superhero price increase starting April 1
- 9. Conclusion - What’s next
1. Multi-User Accounts in All Plans Now
We now support multiple account users in all LinkResearchTools (LRT) and Link Detox (DTOX) plans. Here’s a quick preview of the new user management dashboard.
2. Why create an account for all the other team members?
- Each new team member will receive the attention he deserves from our side as a new user of LinkResearchTools (LRT). All the quick start guides, training, customer success team help and e-mail follow-ups from the founder himself will surely get every member of your team to a good start with LRT.
- The account owner has control over adding, disabling or re-enabling user accounts from an easy-to-use dashboard.
- Only the account owner will have access to upgrade, downgrade or manage team members, all the other team members will have restricted access. Giving team members permission to work with the tools, but not have access to manage your account will provide you with an extra level of security.
- The account owner can see all the reports that a specific user created and track the history of disavows and undisavows or see which user classified which keywords and how. This can be very helpful when a bigger team is working together on various projects.
- Each team member will have personal login details. This will make it easier to access the account, even when two different team members are working remotely.
3. More details about the team member management in the existing LRT plans
To allow our existing users to enjoy the improved user management feature, even more, we decided to increase the number team members that you can manage for every account:
- The Starter plan - the account for the smallest domains now supports a total of 3 team members.
- The most popular Superhero plan now supports a total of 15 users.
Please note that even older plans that we do not offer for sale anymore get 1 extra user. If you’re working with more team members, then we encourage you to upgrade to a current product plan to get this and many more features you’re missing out today already.
This is another example of how we add additional functionality to LinkResearchTools (LRT) over the years. But guess what? We don’t increase the prices for our existing users. We have a price grandfathering policy that allows loyal customers always to pay the price they signed up for. Nothing more.
Did you know that there are some Superhero accounts out there that signed up when LinkResearchTools (LRT) had 4 tools only (in 2009) and allowed only up to 2000 links to be analyzed? Today the capabilities of LRT have grown to 21 tools and up to 500k links in the Superhero plan (even 2-3 years ago there was ca. 100k link limit that constantly increased).
4. Improved User Management
4.1 How to invite a team member to LinkResearchTools (LRT)
You can easily invite a new team member to create a sub-user account. You only need the first name and the e-mail address, and you’re all set.
The team member you invited will receive an e-mail notification and will have to accept your invitation by creating an account. Until your team member confirms the invitation, you will be able to see him under “Pending Invitations” on the user management dashboard.
You can remind team members to join your LinkResearchTools (LRT) account by re-sending the invitation.
4.2 How to deactivate a team member account in LinkResearchTools (LRT)
If you want to revoke the access for one of your team members or collaborators, you can do that with the click of a button.
And you can also re-enable a team member account with the click of a button.
4.3 How to find LRT reports a team member started
The account owner can quickly find reports that a team member has run. This is very helpful if you want to have an overview of the work each team member has done.
All you need to do is click on the “Show Reports” button in the user management dashboard.
By clicking on „Show reports“ you will open a “Reports” view screen where you will only see the reports of a specific team member.
The account owner will be able to track who disavows and undisavows links for example, or who classified which keyword how. This is a major improvement for all audit purposes, like disavow file audit for example.
5. Full Online Product Manual Updated and Improved
We’re proud to announce our new online manual, including all the features that we added over time to LinkResearchTools (LRT).
We migrated our 273 pages PDF manual of to the LinkResearchTools (LRT) online manual. This will be so much more helpful and easy to use for both our customers and our customer success team.
Moving forward, we will be able to update the manual in real time to reflect all the changes and improvements that we have in our software. Having an online manual will also allow us (and you) to link to the documentation for the full LinkResearchTools (LRT) suite.
The online manual for Link Detox at help.linkdetox.com will remain independent for now, but we will possibly integrate it into the “full product manual” at some point. After all, Link Detox® is also a tool that we include in all LinkResearchTools (LRT) plans.
If you would like us to add something to the online manual and if you still have questions that we didn’t answer yet, you can send us your feedback, and we will be happy to improve our documentation even further for you.
6. SEO Improvement – Unofficial Robots.txt noindex directive
We implemented support for Google’s unofficial Robots.txt "noindex" directive to process this for all the links you have.
Did you know that you can add noindex directives within your robots.txt file? John Mueller spoke about it in this Google Webmaster Hangout.
This is another improvement for the indexability status we introduced last month.
Read more about the robots.txt noindex here.
Here are some popular robots.txt that applied the noindex directive:
7. Link Detox Improvements
7.1 New Link Detox Rule SUSP34 – signals on .xyz and many other spammy TLDs
There’s an excessive number of new TLDs that got more and more abused for web spam. One of them is the .xyz TLD, and Google’s parent company Alphabet seems to be one of the few legit domains in use on that TLD for example.
Anyways, we now introduced a new Link Detox Rule to flag such over-spammed domains a lot better than we did in the past. Therefore, we highly recommend re-running your Link Detox reports earlier than planned based on this improvement. You can start your Link Detox re-runs now! J
Here’s the full description of the new SUSP34:
SUSP34: Link from a Top-Level-Domain that is often used by spammers.
The SUSP 34 rule means that the link is coming from a Top-Level-Domain that is often used by spammers like .xyz. Additionally, it has a Power*Trust Dom under 30. You should review if this link is spammy.
7.2 Link Detox Default Settings
You can now store default Link Detox (DTOX) settings for "Dropped links" and "NOFOLLOW Links" evaluation for new DTOX reports.
This is a new feature that we have our LRT Certified community to thank for. They help us improve LinkResearchTools (LRT) on an ongoing basis.
7.3 Link Detox Analysis Defaults to Analyze Nofollows
Since 2014 we support two opinions when it comes to the risk of NoFollow links.
Many users asked us for our opinion which analysis mode to use, and we always and still believe it’s very important to include NoFollow links in the analysis. Google included NoFollow links as spam examples as part of their answers to reconsideration requests.
We used the Link Check Tool (LCT) to check a total of 4,649 spam link examples for 854 domains from the ones given as spam examples by Google. We found out that 3% of these links were NoFollow links.
That’s why we believe that Google takes NoFollow links into consideration. You can read more about the risk of NoFollow links from our research.
The NoFollow evaluation is now pre-selected as the default option in Link Detox, but you can always switch it back to ignore NoFollow links fully, also when reprocessing a report.
7.4 Link Detox Boost Performance Improvement
We reviewed and improved Link Detox Boost. For many users, the speed at which it processes your disavowed links and has Google re-crawl them will go up now even more.
Not sure why you need Link Detox Boost and why so many SEOs love it already?
Link Detox Boost by @lnkresearchtool works. Love it. That is all.
— Bill Hartzer (@bhartzer) 22. Dezember
The answer is simple: Link Detox Boost helps webmasters make Google take notice of their disavow files faster. It helped remove thousands of Google penalties. The great thing about it is that it works both for Manual Actions and Google algorithmic penalties. Some websites recovered from a penalty in even as little as 3 days.
— Łukasz Kalus (@kalussi) 23. September
Link Detox Boost is available only in Superhero plans and up. If you want to recover fast from a Google penalty, then you need to consider upgrading to the Superhero plan.
8. New plans & Superhero price increase starting April 1
We invested a lot of time, energy and passion into improving the link data quality, user interface and overall speed of LinkResearchTools (LRT) in the past year. We also allow a much higher number of team member accounts right now.
LinkResearchTools (LRT) has so much more to offer now, that’s why we decided to introduce new prices and plan limits starting from April 2017. We’ll also increase the price of the most popular Superhero plan to EUR 599 / USD 649 starting April 1.
NOW is the chance to lock in the existing Superhero plan with all its current benefits and features. The new prices will only apply from April 1.
Remember: we have a price grandfathering policy. If you purchase the Superhero plan for 499 EUR, you will always pay 499 EUR. No matter if we later increase the prices.
Secure your Superhero Plan today! On April 1 it will be too late!
The price you see today is the price you’ll always pay.
We will never increase the prices for our existing customers.
9. Conclusion - What’s next
We have a lot of new feature in the pipeline, some of which we already teased you about in our LinkResearchTools release for February 2017 – Data Quality, Usability and Performance remain our goals.
We’ll soon bring you:
- a whole new way to look at your backlink profile.
- full access to the “Canonical’ed Links” to everyone
- full access to a highly effective 25thlink data source to *all* new Superheros and up
- amazing updates for our browser extensions.
If you don’t have our browser extensions yet, now it’s a good time to install and make the most of them.
If you're looking for an efficient way to track redirects and headers while browsing, Link Redirect Trace is the right extension for you.
It provides the most in-depth link redirect data available, performs advanced, comprehensive and most important correct analysis of links, redirects, and REL-canonicals and so much more.
Helps you customize your searches in Google, Bing and Yandex and enjoy looking at the advanced LinkResearchTools SEO metrics on every page you open. Backlinks, Power*Trust, keyword ranking, link velocity trends, engagement metrics and social media shares. You have it all in your browser.